Friday, June 10, 2011

Wise Woman Link-Up!

A Wise Woman Builds Her Home is a place to be encouraged in your high and noble calling of role of wife and mother and daughter to the King and we want to encourage each and every single reader out there to build up strong Christian homes to the glory of God.

We would love for you to link up with us---if you have a post you would like to share regarding the topic above or that has to do with  building up your home, homemaking, character, hospitality, femininity, family, tea, etc. we would love to have you share it with us!

If you link up here please use the image below to let others know that you have linked up here so that they might join in the fun and be encouraged as well:

(It's easy--just copy and paste the code in this box!)

And a quick Wise Woman Tip:

If you haven't gotten the first Duggar book--The Duggars: 20 and Counting it is on sale today for 50% off until midnight, making it just $9.00! It makes a great gift for friends and family too. I just got the new book in the mail and already read half way through it and have been soooo blessed by what I have read. Not to mention the fact that they have included new recipes that we will definitely try this summer!

Have a blessed day building up strong homes to His glory!


  1. I love your blog and I've had your button on the side of mine for a long time. Have a lovely day, Maria

  2. I love following your blog. I enjoy your thoughts on Christ.
    Living Waters by LeAnn
    Blessings to you!

  3. Dear Wise Woman!

    I love your blog, I've been reading it for years and it really blessed my family a lot!
    At this moment I feel so weak and discouraged and do not what to do, so I need wise advice from experienced mother with whom I share love for Christ, mothering and tenderness.
    What to do when 3 years old refuses to go to bed, she walks through the home, 6 years old joins, they ask and look for me, and I try to finish chores, or do something important (like now - we just came back from long vacation, zillion things to unpacked and wash, get in touch with needs of home, garden...I worked for DH and I just can not put them to bed every 5 minutes... I am desperate).
    Every now and then they have this night drama and I am so unhappy about it.
    I can not let them go around - they need their sleep, I must do my job, get early, spend time with DH.
    I don't know what is okay anymore. We tried everything. We were strict, we were gentle, we talked to them, we had them disciplined...
    I am desperate.
    How do you handle bedtime with your children? Did you have such episodes?

  4. Dear Anonymous,

    It sounds as if you need to practice consistency and not allow the children to walk around the house. This is a matter of you training them to obey and have self control. You must devote and carve out time in your night to train them to stay in their bed. I know it is a challenge as you are trying to do other things, but the initial investment will pay off afterwards. Try not to plan anything at night until you are able to get them to listen--if you are distracted you are not able to train them as well.

    Encourage them throughout the day about how they will go to sleep at the right time. I would even offer a small reward if they do. This might take a few days to a week, but remember that it will pay off in the end.

    Hope that helps!

    Many blessings...


Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment! Each and every single one of you are welcomed here with open arms. I love to hear from you so feel free to share what is on your heart.

I look forward to hearing from you!