Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Feminine Clothing for Lovely Daughters


It is so hard today to find beautiful clothing for our little girls. The mall is filled with clothing that is unfit for lovely young maidens being raised to love the Lord. Thankfully, there are still places where you can buy beautiful patterns to create your own beautiful dresses.


My sweet friend, Mrs. Jennie Chancey, of Sense & Sensibility Patterns has gone through great lengths to bring us gorgeous patterns fit for a princess--

The 1780's Portrait Dress Pattern! 


Here is the front---simply adorable!

And here it is in blue--a back view


Lovely maidens dressed for the ball...



These playful dresses were inspired by classic artwork such as seen above.
What young lady would not love to wear such sweet apparel? 

They are perfect for church, special occasion, tea party or just beautiful for any day!

If you are as smitten as I am with these dresses,
be sure to check out Mrs. Chancey's lovely, feminine and modest patterns at


Sense & Sensibility Patterns.



************************

18 comments:

  1. Hey June, you made them? oh my gosh.. they are so gorgeous....!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww those dresses are gorgeous!!!! I have 3 little girls an have a hard time finding modest clothes (we buy second hand and we sometimes find some very cute modest stuff but there is way much more immodest then modest sadly!!)

    I'm learning how to sew so it will be a while before I can sew mine and our girls clothes but practice makes progress!

    Have a lovely day
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ruth,

    I didn't make these, this is the wonderful and skilled workmanship of Jennie Chancey!

    But I definitely think it is a wonderful project, especially for my daughters to try their hand at in the future!

    Many blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh I liked your post today.
    Refreshing to see.

    These feminine dresses are sweet and I think this is something that needs to be a part of encouraging modesty.

    God bless,
    d from homehaven

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennie's patterns are a dream to use. I have used the Regency pattern many times. I really want to try this style for my girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful!!! I would love to have dresses like that for me & my little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful dresses! Thank you for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my 4 year old (soon to be 5) twin girls has just walked into the office as I am looking at this post and exclaimed 'Oh I love that dress!'

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful but no little girls to dress as i only have sons.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been eyeing these dresses for a while. I do not sew, but have seen to it that my daughter is taking sewing lessons. She is almost at the level to begin making these. This is one of the dresses on our list!

    Thanks for sharing,
    jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful dresses and amazing talent this lady has.
    We have for years made our granddaughters wear a tank/camisole under their tops, shorts under their dresses, no short shorts, tube tops, etc. They are only 8&9 and my mind is boggled at what the secular world wants us to dress them in. PTL for people like Ms. Jennie and the Bonnie Jean company.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So amazingly beautiful! I wish I could sew well enough to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So enjoyed...I love to sew, but after having my three sons I just got so busy and sewing for boys I didn't enjoy....BUT, the Lord has blessed us with a lil' girl and I started sewing again.
    YES finding modest clothes for girls/women is SOOOO SAD!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment! Each and every single one of you are welcomed here with open arms. I love to hear from you so feel free to share what is on your heart.

I look forward to hearing from you!