Monday, April 13, 2009

Duggar Grandchild Announcement

Children are definitely a blessing...but even more so are grandchildren!

Congratulations to our favorite family the Duggar's on the announcement of the pregnancy of their first grandchild! Here they are making the happy announcement:

Read more about Joshua and Anna's Courtship and their desire for children.


  1. Our whole family just LOVES this precious family! We watched them make their announcement this morning. How wonderful!

  2. Aww that's wonderful, I love the Duggars!

  3. I love the Duggar's! This is so exciting and wonderful for them! Thanks for posting this! :)

  4. Congratulations to the Duggar family!
    It's so nice to see a young couple so excited about a new life. :)

  5. How exciting! I was wondering when this news would be breaking :)

    It got me thinking, though...for many people who become grandparents while still as young as Michelle & Jim Bob, it's usually not happening in this godly way--it's usually due to an unwed teenage pregnancy. In my own life, my father is going to have a stepson only two years older than my daughter--but that's because he's marrying a woman half his age whom he met on the internet and hardly knows.

    It is a blessing to be a part of a family like the one pictured here. My mom is one of seven, and her youngest sister is only a few years older than my oldest cousin. What a blessing it was to be part of that family! But, for many, I can understand why this news might be disconcerting rather than joyful. Their own similar experiences have not happened in the same way.

    Life really is so much better when lived God's way--and so much simpler!


  6. what a sweet announcement! i just love the duggars♥

  7. Oh, I'm so very excited for Josh and Anna. I first heard the news on Mr. Phillips' blog this morning, and then again on Nathaniel Darnell's. A friend of mine from church and I would say week after week that we wondered when they would finally be expecting. We thought it was high time for such news!! :) I'm so very happy for them. May the Lord richly bless this first precious blessing, and may He bless Josh and Anna with many little arrows for His kingdom! I can't wait to find out if they're having a girl or boy! They'll be such good parents. We first found out about the Duggars when we watched their "14 Children and Pregnant Again" TV program 4 years ago. Josh was only 16 then and now he's a father! It's just so exciting. :) The Lord is so gracious!

    Thank you so much for posting this video; I was thrilled to watch it!


  8. What wonderful news! I love this family so much.

  9. I'm so excited for this wonderful family! They have been such a source of inspiration to me. Just found your blog today and really enjoyed it. Thank you for the encouragement and uplifting messages.

  10. How exciting! I love the Duggar family, they seem like such wonderful people. :)

  11. Earlier this week I seen Yahoo news making a breaking story about the family and I was like 'whoohooo!!!' I am so thrilled for everyone. Such a wonderful gift from Above.
    May God give Anna a pregnancy free of complications and give her the energy she will need. May He give Josh the wisdom, the guidance, the leadership to lead his family Biblically.

    Rejoicing along with everyone else here \o/

    Dawn in TX

  12. i love the duggers and am so happy for josh and anna.

  13. This comment is not exactly on topic, but I wanted to let you know just how lovely I think your new blog header is. Along with the vase of flowers in the sidebar. Everything is so beautifully coordinated and looks very fresh!
    Nice job with the update.

  14. Totally unrelated to the Duggar post - could you please tell me where you found the lavender/purple dishes in the opening picture or is it a stock photo? Those dishes are absolutely lovely!!

  15. Lady Laura,

    Thanks for the encouragement, I wanted a fresh look for spring!


    I think this is from JC Penney's.

    Many blessings...

  16. You can see the pictures of the ultrasound of the Duggar families and a little video of the family together over at :)

  17. I'll love to have a big family but not that big


Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment! Each and every single one of you are welcomed here with open arms. I love to hear from you so feel free to share what is on your heart.

I look forward to hearing from you!