Thursday, August 28, 2008

Parents of the Year

Our favorite family is the Duggar family--this past summer these phenomenal parents to 18 childen were nominated "Parents of the Year":

We recently received an invitation to their older son-- Joshua's wedding.

Congratulations, Joshua! May you be richly blessed as you start this new journey in life with your new wife and family!

Here is a glimpse of Michelle's Duggars inspiring patience:

I believe she inspires so many woman around the world with her gentleness, patience, love for the Lord and organization---wouldn't you agree?

Thank you for being so courageous and generous in sharing your life with us, Michelle and family!

(Find Duggar movies here!)



  1. Thank you for sharing these videos!

    I watched an interview with the whole family that was posted on the Duggar family site and it was amazing!


  2. June,
    The wedding is going to be at my church. (Buford Grove Baptist Church in Hilliard, Florida) If you come, I would love to meet you and your family. I get on your website everyday and have learned so much. You have encouraged me in so many ways.

  3. It's a lovely video :)

    Still I can't help but think.... will she be exactly the same when the camera's are off? ;)

    greetings from the netherlands..

  4. Dear Michelle,

    We would love to meet your family as well and look forward to one day being able to do just that! You are a blessing and inspiration to so many families, keep up the great work and know the Lord is pleased with all your hard work and sacrifice.

    Your life have personally spoken to me in so many ways and what a blessing it is for my children to see your older children mentoring
    the younger ones as we are trying to teach this very thing in our own home.

    I know His rewards are waiting for you in heaven. May the Lord richly and abundantly continue to shower His many blessings upon you and continue to give you guidance, wisdom, strength and unfailing faith.

    Many blessings...

  5. I think its great that they have been blessed and I continue to wish them many more blessings in the years to come for each and everyone in their family.

  6. Thank you for sharing these videos. I'm inspired by them!
    I personally know some big families in our parish of St. John's. I know two families with 14 children. Truly, children are blessings from the Lord!
    Congratulations, Michelle, on the new baby on-the-way!
    Deanna from Virginia

  7. Hi. I'd love it if you would visit my blog and comment on my latest entry. I would love to hear your opinion. Thanks. Mrs MJW

  8. June,

    I am going to the wedding, also. We have been friends with the Duggars for many years and are looking forward to this joyous occasion. I remember when Josh was four!!!...where do the years

    Karen Sherrill

  9. Thanks for sharing, Mrs duggar is so inspiring!

  10. Thank you for sharing the video of the Duggar family. I had no personal knowledge of them. Only recently have I been concerned about not only the tone of voice but also my facial expressions that I use when talking with my grandson. Rather than making me feel guilty and inferior when watching the patience of Michelle Duggar, I felt certain that I'm doing the right thing in "trying" to watch my tone & expressions. I've got a LONG, LONG way to go but to see how well her children responded to her patience was a BEAUTIFUL thing to witness.

  11. How wonderful! Thank you for sharing this.

  12. Wow I am really out of the loop. Normally I try to keep up to date on my favorite family! But with moving and unpacking and trying to get settled, I haven't had much time to think!
    I did not know Joshua is getting married!!!!! Wow!!! I am so happy for him and his bride to be!
    I will have to do a Duggar post soon on my blog and mention that link. :-)

    I enjoyed watching the YouTube videos...thank you for posting them.
    I pray for the patience Michelle has and I don't even have children yet! What a wonderful example she is! :-)

    You all are so lucky to be going to this wedding. Do take pictures so the rest of us can be a part of it! :-)

    God Bless You June! Hope you and your family are having a wonderful weekend!
    Happy Labor Day too!


  13. Just dropping by to let you know you have an award waiting fot you on my blog. Come by and check it out.

  14. The video with the children is great. Thanks for posting it. I know I, for one, am always keeping an eye out to learn more about raising children. I wish I had a Michelle-like mother around to learn from!

    The little bit on the marriage website gives a good testimony to the raising of the Duggars. The children will rise up and call her blessed . . .


Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment! Each and every single one of you are welcomed here with open arms. I love to hear from you so feel free to share what is on your heart.

I look forward to hearing from you!