Saturday, September 15, 2007

Family Movie Night



As a family we enjoy doing many things together but I know if I asked my children what one of their favorite things to do as a family they would probably answer that 'Family Movie Night' would rank in the top five since they like to request this special time often. We all love to gather round and snuggle under blankets, sometimes with popcorn and cocoa or ice cream--and enjoy a good movie after a long day.

In this day and age it can be very hard to find a good movie that fits our families movie standards---we have been disappointed time and time again by movies we thought were 'safe' but displayed things we deemed unworthy of watching (we ended up just turning them off)----have you ever had the problem of find a really wholesome movie?

Well, we finally found one that got a 5 star rating with our family! It is called 'The Eden String Quartet'---a story of a family that lives on a farm that homeschool and raising their children up in the Lord. This story focuses on their four older daughters who are wonderfully musically talented (they play hymns and classical) and is beautifully done. The parents explain their lifestyle of how they persevered and were faithful as they raised their children and brought tears to my eyes (as a homeschooling mama I can relate!)

I found a clip here for you:

(Remember to turn off music in the sidebar!)



You won't be disappointed with this purchase--it is worth every penny to be inspired, encouraged and given a vision!



You can purchase this wonderful DVD here:

Franklin Springs Media

7 comments:

  1. Looks GREAT!!!
    Thanks for sharing. We are always on the hunt for a clean, good 'family movie'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes. I'm familiar with this problem - finding movies that promote the right values and don't contain improper scenes. I think it will be even thougher if God blesses me with children, to select appropriate movies for my little ones. This movie sounds like a real treasure, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this. I'm going to ask my husband if I can order it. It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very intrigued by both movies - the Eden String Quartet and the Return of the Daughters. I am an early convert to biblical womanhood. I am still learning and experiencing all I can. I love reading your blog and look forward to the next entry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also HIGHLY recommend A Journey Home...also produced by Franklin Springs Media!

    ~Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your husband suggested your blog to me on the Dead Theologians blog. I have really enjoyed reading it. Thank you for promoting this movie. I just purchased it for my family. We are a homeschooling family with 2 classical violinists and a classical violist, so for us, this film was a "must have!"

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  7. If any of you have Netflix, you'll find it there! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment! Each and every single one of you are welcomed here with open arms. I love to hear from you so feel free to share what is on your heart.

I look forward to hearing from you!