Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Managers of Their Home

Being celebrities now, the Duggar Family is an amazing example to all families of how to organize and manage their family well. I remember when I only had two children and thought to myself, "now how do people do this?" Now I have eight and learning to organize and be a good manager of my home requires vigilance, determination and sometimes a good dose of courage!

It is a wonderful thing when our homes are flowing smoothly---the meals on time, children are being fully educated, husband cared for, housework completed. Everything done in a fitting and orderly way, just how God intended. But we do need encouragment and plenty of ideas in between. The Duggar family is a constant source of inspiration to many because they always strive for the higher standard. Not just survival mode but flourishing mode! That is how it should be for us as parents and as homemakers----we should be flourishing like a garden in all its glory.

To learn how to organize a home of 18 people click here:

By the way, my daughter Janai penpals their daughter, Jill.

Hope you enjoy!



  1. How do you go from surviving to flourishing? That's what I struggle with. When you're behind in do you flourish?

  2. Dear Anonymous,

    I sympathize with you as I know how it feels to 'be behind in everything' it is very easy when you are homeschooling 8 children to feel that way! But I'd like to reassure you that it is possible---just take small bites and soon the whole pie will be finished. Start in one area in your home and tackle it. Take one area in your life (ex: prayer) and do it. When you take baby steps at conquering the mountain you will be encouraged by the small amounts of improvement you see and that can be very motivating! And pray, pray, pray that God would guide you and give you wisdom. There are also great websites out there to help you to become organized like this helps.


Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment! Each and every single one of you are welcomed here with open arms. I love to hear from you so feel free to share what is on your heart.

I look forward to hearing from you!