Monday, February 26, 2007

'Raising Maidens of Virtue' Encounter



This past weekend my family was able to attend a Liberty Day Celebration in Arlington Heights. It was an exciting day for all, especially since we got to meet some'celebrities' in the homeschool movement. Doug Phillips, who is president and founder of Vision Forum was one of them and out of the corner of my eye, I caught Stacy McDonald and her family (they are publishers of Homeschooling Today magazine). I introduced myself and we chatted a bit about their move to Peoria to pastor at Providence Presbyterian Church. She was very friendly, inviting us to visit and even offering us to stay at a room in the basement of their church if we decided to come. I was impressed by her hospitality to a total stranger (isn't that how the church should be?) and plan to follow up with her.



Stacy is also author to the book 'Raising Maidens of Virtue'. Her and her husband also have several teachings on CD on various subjects such as homeschooling, raising feminine daughters, etc. Their website is The Patriarchs Path, to visit it click here.



I highly recommend her book, as I did it together as a study with my own two daughters (mostly my older one, Janai). To purchase this book, click here.

1 comment:

  1. I just recently read that book entitled "Raising Maidens of Virtue". I must say that it hit on many needed topics for our society today. Very well done!

    It's nice to get to see some pictures of the McDonald family.

    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment! Each and every single one of you are welcomed here with open arms. I love to hear from you so feel free to share what is on your heart.

I look forward to hearing from you!